Notice: Undefined index: zbc44 in /var/www/html/mca2013/plugins/system/rokgallery.php on line 1
The goal of the Congress is to highlight the excellence of mathematical achievements in the Americas within the context of the international arena and to foster the scientific integration of all mathematical communities in the continent. It is anticipated that the Congress will take place every 4 years beginning in 2013 and the location will be at a mathematical center in North America, Central America, South America, or the Caribbean.
The Congress will take place over 5 days and include invited lectures and invited symposia chosen by a scientific committee representing the Americas. The bids for hosting the Congress will be evaluated and the site selected by the steering committee of the 2013 Congress whose members are designated by the following Mathematical Societies:
• American Mathematical Society
• Canadian Mathematical Society
• Sociedade Brasileira de Mathematica
• Sociedad Matematica Mexicana
• Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
• Union Matematica de Latino America y el Caribe
We request that bids to host the 2013 Congress include the following relevant information:
• The exact location and size of the facilities, conference rooms and expected hotel space.
• The names of the main local organizers and some of their relevant organizational experience.
• An approximate budget for the Congress scaled for an anticipated registration between 500 and 2,000 people.
• Anticipated local sources of external funding for the Congress at this location.
• Relevant discussion of the ease of access of the location for international participants.
• Suggestions for a 5 day period between late July and mid August 2013 when the Congress could take place.
• Other factors that might make this a particularly appealing site for the MCA.
We request that letters of intent to prepare a bid to host the MCA are sent to us (by email, to email@example.com) by March 7th, 2011 and the full bid be sent by April 7th, 2011. The steering committee of the 2013 Congress will arrange site visits to some of the places that make a bid before the meeting of the committee in Rio de Janeiro in mid May 2011.
The host for the 2013 Congress will be announced by the end of May 2011.
Thank you very much for your attention.
The Steering Committee for the 2013 MCA
• Alejandro Adem
• Uri Ascher
• Susan Friedlander
• Servet Martinez
• Jose Antonio de la Peña
• Marcelo Viana